The world’s largest professional networking platform LinkedIn has launched a global digital skills initiative to help the job seekers get back to work.
In a blog post to announce the initiative, the company said “Our goal is to help those who have become unemployed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and resulting economic crisis get the skills they need to land their next job. By giving free access to the skills and training that job seekers need to get jobs, we hope to do our part and help connect job seekers around the globe to new opportunities.”
With data gathered from LinkedIn’s Economic Graph, which mapped over 690M professionals, 50M companies, 11M job listings, 36K skills, and 90k schools on LinkedIn, the company identified 10 jobs that are highly in-demand in today’s economy and are well-positioned to continue to grow in the future.
These 10 jobs have a well-curated learning path in which job seekers can go and learn, each learning path includes a sequence of video content aimed at helping individuals broadly develop the core skills needed for a given role.
These 10 role-based learning paths are;
- Software developer – Become a Software Developer
- Sales representative – Become a Sales Representative
- Project manager – Become a Project Manager
- IT Administrator – Prepare for CompTIA Network+ Certification
- Customer service specialist – Become a Customer Service Specialist
- Digital marketer – Become a Digital Marketing Specialist
- IT support/help desk – Prepare for the CompTIA A+ Certification
- Data analyst – Become a Data Analyst
- Financial analyst – Become a Financial Analyst
- Graphic designer – Become a Graphic Designer
You can visit opportunity.linkedin.com for more information, learn the skills needed for your next job opportunity.